System Navigators provide support and accompaniment to people returning to San Luis Obispo County from incarceration.
System Navigators serve as a bridge between various programs at Restorative Partners and a link to community resources. They hold regular meetings with program participants to assess and respond to their needs, in addition to holding office hours for drop-in support with everything from employment to housing to transportation.
The System Navigators also coordinate and host regular Reentry Support Workshops on topics such as resume and cover letter building, budgeting, etc. for program participants. These workshops provide opportunities for current and new participants to connect with RP, access supportive services, and build skills.
The Restorative Partners Drop-In Center acts as a hub for our System Navigators to link participants to resources and advocating for them. Some of the services available through the Drop-In Center are:
- Obtaining a California ID, driver’s license, birth certificate, and other important documentation
- Finding permanent housing
- Meeting transportation needs
- Building your resume and preparing for job interviews
- Connecting with supportive local employers
- Budgeting, saving, and building credit
- Going back to school or technical training
Drop-In Center hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9-4pm.