Ways to Create Impact
Our professional staff and an army of volunteers offer programs, services, homes & relationships that empower mind-body-spirit & community transformation.
Outright gifts to endowment funds permit the immediate long-term investment of the gift to provide support either for purposes designated by the donor or, if the donor has made no designation, for purposes chosen by the board of directors. These gifts are most desirable to the organization, because they provide immediate funds or assets that can be invested now to provide ongoing revenue for the organization.
Outright gifts of cash are fully deductible for federal income-tax purposes up to 50% of adjusted gross income. If the donor’s total gifts exceed 50% of adjusted gross income, the excess may be carried forward for tax purposes for up to five additional years.
You may be looking for a way to make a significant gift to help further our mission. A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support our cause.
With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to Restorative Partners as part of your estate plan, or you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
Types of Bequests
- Residual bequest - make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- Specific bequest - make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Percentage bequest - make a gift of a percentage of your estate
Charitable IRA Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
Stocks & Bonds
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to Restorative Partners.
Donors benefit in the following ways when gifting stocks and bonds.
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission today